2017 SCCC YOUTH RODEO
MAY 20 CR 295 PUXICO, MO
JUNE 17 6:00 PM
SEPT 16 AGES 1 - 19 AS OF MAY 20, 2017
CALL IN MONDAY - WEDNESDAY ON THE
SCCC YOUTH RODEO FACEBOOK PAGE
ALL ENTRY FEES CASH ONLY, BOOK CLOSE 5:30 PM DAY OF RODEO
WALK UP ENTRIES WILL HAVE A $10 LATE FEE PER CONTESTANT
WESTERN ATTIRE REQUIRED FOR ALL EVENTS AND DIVISIONS
ORDER OF EVENTS
1. PEEWEE STICKHORSE 6 & UNDER $5
2. PEEWEE DUMMY ROPING 6 & UNDER $5
3. JR DUMMY ROPING 7 - 13 $15
4. PEEWEE RIBBON PULLING 6 & UNDER $5
5. JR UNMOUNTED GOAT TYING 7 - 13 $15
6. MUTTON BUSTIN' 6 & UNDER $5
7. CALF RIDING 7 - 10 $15
8. JR BREAKAWAY 7 - 13 $15
9. SR BREAKAWAY 14 - 19 $20
10. STEER RIDING 11 - 13 $15
11. PEEWEE POLES 6 & UNDER $5
12. JR POLES 7 - 13 $15
13. SR POLES 14 - 19 $20
14. CALF ROPING OPEN 7 - 19 $20
15. JR GOAT TYING 7 - 13 $15
16. SR GOAT TYING 14 - 19 $20
17. JR CHUTE DOGGIN' 7 - 13 $15
18. SR CHUTE DOGGIN 14 - 19 $20
19. PEEWEE BARRELS 6 & UNDER $5
20. JR BARRELS 7 - 13 $15
21. SR BARRELS 14 - 19 $20
22. TEAM ROPING Unlimited entries OPEN 7 - 19 $30/TEAM
ONE TEAM MADE UP OF 2 YOUTH CONTESTANTS
ADDITIONAL TEAMS, YOUTH CONTESTANTS AND/OR YOUTH CONTESTANT AND ADULT
TEAM ROPERS SHOULD BE ENTERED BY THE END OF SR POLES
ALL EVENTS FOR BOYS AND GIRLS
SADDLE DRAWING - BUCKLES
$25 MEMBERSHIP per CONTESTANT REQUIRED FOR AWARDS
FAMILY RATE FOR 4+ SIBLINGS $75
ALCOHOL, PROFANITY, AND RUDE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUNDS IMMEDIATLEY BY THE RODEO COMMITTEE.
2017 STODDARD COUNTY COWBOY CHURCH YOUTH RODEO GROUND RULES
1. ALL DECISIONS BY ARENA JUDGES WILL BE FINAL, AND ONLY THE CONTESTANT MAY QUESTION JUDGE.
2. ALL CONTESTANTS MUST HAVE A RELEASE FORM ON FILE WITH THE RODEO SECRETARY BEFORE COMPETING, SIGNED BY
PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
3. CONTESTANTS HAVE A ONE TIME OPTION OF COMPETING WITHOUT A MEMBERSHIP. MEMBERSHIP FEE, $25, FAMILY RATE $25 FOR
4+ SIBLINGS IS REQUIRED WHEN THE CONTESTANT ENTERS THEIR SECOND RODEO. MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR
CONTESTANTS COMPETING FOR ALL-AROUND AND AWARDS. NO POINTS WILL COUNT UNTIL MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN PAID.
4. All contestants must be 19 yrs. of age or less as of May 20, 2017.
5. Western attire required for all events including PEEWEES: western shirt, long pants, boots, and cowboy hat / helmet.
6. CALL IN TIME MONDAY - WEDNESDAY ON SCCC YOUTH RODEO FACEBOOK PAGE.
7. FEES are to be paid by 5:30 pm prior to rodeo.
Walk-up entries accepted up to 5:30 with a $10 late fee per contestant. BOOKS CLOSE AT 5:30.
Team ropers pay fees by end of SR. Poles.
8. ALL EVENTS ARE OPEN TO BOYS AND GIRLS.
9. ONLY UNASSISSTED contestants will receive points for All-Around in ALL EVENTS. THIS APPLIES TO ALL DIVISIONS.
10. Contestant will have 3 gate calls before disqualified.
11. MUTTON BUSTIN’ – Must ride for 3 SECONDS
12. 45 SECOND CLOCK on all livestock timed events
13. OPEN GATE for all roping events
14. ALL TYING EVENTS 6 SECOND CLOCK
15. BREAKAWAY – Rope must pass over the calf’s head for a legal catch. SR. Breakaway will have a barrier.
16. RIBBON ROPING – Catch as catch can. Rope must be tied to the saddle horn. Roper must dismount and have contact with calf before ribbon
can be pulled. Runner removes the ribbon and runs back to line judge.
17. JR. DUMMY ROPING contestants cannot enter any other roping events with the exception of RIBBON ROPING as the runner.
18. CALF ROPING – Open, catch as catch can. 2 loops, must carry 2nd loop. Cannot rebuild. Barrier
19. GOAT TYING – Horse cannot come in contact with the goat or rope. Goat must stay tied for 6 SECONDS. Mounted Goat Tying contestants
cannot enter Unmounted Goat Tying.
20. BARRELS AND POLES – Open gate into arena; closed gate at finish. Broken pattern is a disqualification. Each barrel/pole knocked down is a 5
second penalty. No assistance beyond the time line to be considered unassisted.
21. CALF RIDING – Must ride for 3 SECONDS
22. STEER RIDING – Must ride for 6 SECONDS. Steers will be flanked.
23. TEAM ROPING – Open, allowed 3 loops. Unlimited entries. One team is made up of 2 youth contestants, other teams can be youth contestants
or a youth and an adult. Team Roping entry fees must be paid by the team by the end of SR. POLES. Team roping points for
A LL-AROUND will be taken from highest placing in each rodeo.
24. Rodeo committee has the option of dropping an event due to lack of participation.
PAYBACK AND AWARDS
1. All PeeWee payback $2 and a ribbon.
2. Jr. and Sr. payback 50% of entries.
3. Membership / per contestant required for any year end awards.
4. Awards will be based on points earned after membership is paid.
1st=10 points 2nd=9 3rd=8 4th=7 5th=6 6th=5 7th=4 8th=3 9th=2 10th=1
5. PeeWee end of year awards receive trophies.
6. SADDLE DRAWING – All contestants who have a paid membership will have their name put into a drawing for each rodeo entered and competed in
as a member.
7. ALL-AROUND BUCKLES awarded to each division winner based on points earned. Contestant may compete in as many events as eligible, but
only 2-3 declared events
will be used to determine points. Upon
paying membership, $25, points count.
NO POINTS COUNT UNTIL MEMBERSHIP IS PAID.
ALCOHOL, PROFANITY, AND RUDE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUNDS IMMEDIATELY BY THE RODEO COMMITTEE.